PCS Catastrophe Loss Index
Property Claim Services® (PCS®) estimates are widely accepted as triggers in many traded financial-market instruments, including exchange-traded futures and options, catastrophe bonds, catastrophe swaps, industry loss warranties (ILWs), and other catastrophe derivative instruments.
Many catastrophe bonds use the PCS Catastrophe Loss Index. Catastrophe bond and industry loss warranty issuers tend to choose the PCS Catastrophe Loss Index because, PCS:
- is a recognized worldwide authority on property catastrophe losses
- is committed to serving the global insurance and reinsurance industry
- has more than 60 years of experience identifying catastrophes and compiling proprietary catastrophe loss estimates
- provides insurers and reinsurers, through license agreements, use of PCS catastrophe information to help with their financial needs
- offers all PCS catastrophe information through a single source that's easy to use — ISOnet® PCS
The PCS Catastrophe Loss Index offers the reliability, consistency, and transparency that issuers of insurance-linked securities need to make smarter decisions with their capital.
For more information about Property Claim Services
- Contact a Verisk sales representative.
- Have Customer Support Contact Me.
- Call us at 1-800-888-4476.
- Or Live Chat with one of our representatives.
Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern time.